HOMEMADE EGG NOG
Does your family look forward to some egg nog each and every season?? This year try making it from scratch and incorporating your essential oils!
6 large eggs
1 cup sugar
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
6 drops Nutmeg vitality
1. Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another. Cover the whites and refrigerate until needed (or freeze if aging the eggnog for longer than a day).
2. Whisk the yolks with the sugar: combine the yolks and the sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk by hand, or with a mixer, until the mixture is smooth and creamy, and it has lightened to a lemon-yellow color.
3. Whisk in the milk, cream, and liquor (if using): pour the milk, cream, nutmeg vitality, and liquor into the bowl with the egg mixture and whisk until combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate: cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Non-alcoholic eggnog should be consumed within a day.
5. Whisk the egg whites: just before serving, whisk the reserved egg whites in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer at high speed until the whites form stiff peaks.
6. Fold the egg whites into the eggnog: transfer the beaten egg whites to the bowl with the eggnog and gently fold or stir the whites into the base—this gives the eggnog a frothy, extra-creamy texture. Some of the egg whites will also float to the top, like a cappuccino foam.
7. Serve the eggnog: transfer the eggnog to a pitcher or punch bowl. Serve in individual glasses. Optional: grate additional fresh nutmeg over the top.
Serves six! It is festive and fun sure to be a delight for yourself and any guest